I've recently inherited a set of these glasses and I can't seem to figure out what type of glass/stemware they are and what cocktails are traditionally served in them (if any). Picture attached, jigger for reference.

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


They are probably dessert wine glasses for sherry or port. Today they usually have a longer stem, especially mondern designs, but in the past, there were quite a few short stem sherry glasses and often also with such a knob in the stem (see attached images)

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • Yes, right, agreed!! Aug 30, 2020 at 12:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.