I want to give a close friend a unique and memorable liquor-related (his stipulation) gift. He's particularly fond of whiskey and beer but drinks most anything. What are some ideas, not necessarily limited to actual liquor? In the past I've given him special whiskey glasses, a $100 bottle of whiskey, a home brew kit, and a bottle of chartreuse. He's got a pewter stein he bought himself. Think big, between $100 and $200.
closed as primarily opinion-based by Canadian Coder, Xander♦ Apr 24 at 13:08
Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
- this might not be the type of drink they like
- this was a numbered birthday present
- this website is in the UK
Nonetheless, it might spark off some ideas: https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/18434/grahams-40-year-old-tawny-port
It was his 40th birthday, so a 40 year old port with a custom engraved bottle. He's a Tolkein fan, so the inscription read: "Such an excellent and admirable hobbit"
- A wine cooler. It would be memorable if he doesn’t plan on getting one himself.
- [VIP] tickets to a high-end wine/whisky tasting event.
- Membership to the Scotch Malt Whisky Society. Maybe you’d even be able to find a particular bottle (or two - given your price range) whose description memorializes some aspect/episode in your friendship.
Unique and valuable gift for drinker?
The following suggestion I have already done as a gift. It is awesome.
It may not be the price that makes it valuable or unique. But a Crown Royal with a personalized label would definitely be an unique item to say the lest. And yes do not forget the custom bag(s).
Crown Royal Northern Harvest label goes for only $3.00
CROWN ROYAL RESERVE BAG goes for an additional $9.95
Then of coarse you must buy your appropriate bottle of Crown Royal to go along with your label and/or customized bag.