I'm aware of a drinking game involving thumbs on the bar, but unsure of it's name or details and how to 'play' it - does anyone know such a game ?
I believe in the U.K. there is one called “Tom Thumb”, basically:
- someone is allocated as the “Thumb Boss”
- everyone in the group must watch them
- when they place their thumb on the bar everyone must follow suit.
- The last person looses and has to take a good measure of drink.
- Usually this person then becomes the “Thumb boss” and they start over.
I never found it especially fun, other more subtle games were more entertaining.
I would also add there are other games with fingers involved, usually everyone touches the table/bar and the first to move their finger looses etc (basically the reverse).