A long long time ago (.. I can still remember ♫) there were these old bottle caps. My parents still have 2 or 3 at home from soviet times. They look kinda like this:

enter image description here

What are those called? Ar there some keywords to find them? It took me at least 3- minutes to even find this image (and it was in middle of completely unrelated images down on something like the third image-search page). Or, the best option, where can I buy a box of these?

P.S. I know that the image is from "flip-top" wikipedia page, but what I am looking for is a cap, that is independent from the bottle itself.

  • whats about reusable flip top seal?
    – MartinW.
    Commented Jan 29, 2018 at 13:48
  • Grolsch is the name Commented Jan 29, 2018 at 21:15
  • Are you sure you want that type of cap? The beer that uses that re-sealable cap is Grolsch. It seems to me that would be an unnecessary expense just for aesthetics. The beer is what's important.
    – user15363
    Commented Feb 1, 2018 at 3:41
  • @user15363 Because when I open a bottle of beer and need to leave immediately, I don't want for it to go to waste.
    – tereško
    Commented Feb 1, 2018 at 15:45

2 Answers 2


Found what I was looking for: WESTMARK 3 Flaschenverschlüsse, Flaschenstöpsel mit Hebel und Gummidichtung, 40 x 60 x 15 mm, farblich sortiert.

Westmark 3

Now I only need to order a box of these.


In the USA you can find this type of cap at most homebrew shops. These originated in Holland but now are popular for many breweries around the world. Here are the caps

  • Those require special bottles, where the lip of the bottle has two indentations, where those hinges go in. I was aiming at something I can use one a "normal bottle".
    – tereško
    Commented Jan 29, 2018 at 17:42
  • See my answer to this question if you don't care about the way you seal the bottle. alcohol.stackexchange.com/questions/7003/… Commented Jan 29, 2018 at 21:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.