I find drinks that are traditionally served in stemmed glasses are difficult to carry (I'm a wheelchair user). What terminology would I use if I wanted to order a drink like a martini or Manhattan served in a rocks glass (but without the ice)?

1 Answer 1


I believe the type of glass you are looking for is called an "Old Fashioned glass" named for the cocktail typically served in it. Depending on the size of the drink you may possibly want request your drink in a "Double Old Fashioned glass". I would hope that simply requesting your martini be served in an Old Fashioned glass would suffice.

  • Here is a list to support @EricShain's suggestion.
    – BryceH
    Commented Aug 30, 2017 at 13:29
  • Alternatively, ask for a tumblerwhich just refers to any glass in this category (including an old fashioned glass).
    – Gamora
    Commented Jun 25, 2019 at 17:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.