I recently drank Stone's "Punishment" which was brewed with jalapeños! Having homebrewed with jalapeños from my garden for years I was super excited. Are there other breweries that have started experimenting with spicing their beers this way?
I recently had their "Crime" and loved it. Here are some other beers brewed with Jalapenos, but not a whole lot from major breweries like Stone.
Rogue - Chipotle Ale
"smoked jalapeno peppers"
Twisted Pine - Ghost Face Killah
Alaskan - Jalapeno Imperial IPA
Horseheads - Hot-Jala-Heim
"jalapenos and anaheim"
No Label - Don Jalapeno
"this beer is brewed with 60lbs of jalapenos. 30 lbs raw and 30lbs roasted (seeds included)"
Hot Box - Imperial Smoked Pepper Porter
"smoked poblano & jalapeno peppers"
This is not a jalapeno beer, but along the same lines. Ballast Pointe brewery out of San Diego, CA makes what they call a Habanero Sculpin IPA. It is delicious and you can find it all the way over here on the east coast in NC. It has a very nice kick to it- it's great with a steak or something kind of heavy, but not so great for beer pong as the habanero really does have a bite to it.
There are many Jalapeno beers out there. Here is a list of the top 50 rated beers brewed with jalapeno (source):
- Arizona Wilderness American Presidential Stout
- Indeed / Northbound Hot Box Imperial Smoked Pepper Porter
- Stone Smoked Porter - Chipotle Peppers
- Two Henrys Roasted Jalapeño Blueberry Porter
- Fate (AZ) Chocolate Chili Milk Stout - Jalapeño
- Trois Dames / Six Point Jalapenos Raspberry Double
- Alaskan Pilot Series: Jalapeño Imperial IPA
- Jaipur Jalapeño Ale
- Tempest Chipotle Spiced Extra Porter
- 5 Stones Aloha Piña
- Birdsong Jalapeno Pale
- Grand River Jubilation Spiced Ale 2008 Retired
- Country Boy Jalapeno Smoked Porter
- Angry Chair Byron IPA - Pineapple and Jalapeño
- COAST Dave Brown
- Country Boy Jalapeno Smoked Porter XXX
- Asheville Fire Escape
- Coronado Señor Saison
- Urban Artifact Harrow (Orange, Jalapeno)
- Evil Twin Spicy Nachos Retired
- Cigar City Strawberry Jalapeño PB&J Double Cream Ale
- Banger El Heffe
- Fate (AZ) Jalapeño Cream Ale
- Wasatch Jalapeño Cream Ale
- Fairhope Shallow Jalapeño
- Manayunk Black Eye P. A.
- Cigar City Jalapeño Peach Pale Ale
- Barley Browns Hot Blonde
- Kuhnhenn Jalapeño Lime Mead
- Cigar City Florida Cracker - Raspberry & Jalapeño
- Cigar City Jalapeño Red
- Town Hall Chipotle Wee Heavy
- Old Ox Kristin’s Temper: Jalapeno Pale Ale
- Pizza Port Carlsbad Raceway IPA - Roasted Pineapple & Jalapeño
- Swamp Head Smoke Signal Porter - Chipotle
- Steam Plant Jalapeno Ale
- Throwback Spicy Bohemian
- Waikiki Jalapeño Mouth
- Breaker Mine Fire Blackberry Jalapeño Ale
- Seven Bridges Maple Jalapeno Stout
- Pizza Port Night Rider - Tequila, Jalapeño & Chocolate Retired
- Golden City Javapeño Stout Retired
- Ballast Point Smoke Screen Helles - Jalapeño
- Original Gravity 440 Pepper Smoker
- No Label Don Jalapeno Ale
- Horseheads Hot-Jala-Heim
- Nickel Back Country Gold - Jalapeño
- Black Forest Jalepeno Pilsener
- Rogue Chipotle Ale
- Fort George Spank Stout
Bent River (from Rock Island/Moline, IL) has a Jalapeno Pepper Ale. They take it with them when they go to most festivals. I assume it's mostly for novelty. Tastes kinda like drinking nacho beer (probably make a good beer dip).
It was added on beeradvocate in like 2005, so apparently they've been doing it for a while.
Triangle Brewing Company from Durham, NC make their Habanero Pale Ale.
I went on a brewery tour here in 2014, exceptionally minimalist brewery, and very generous with the samples! I've got to say, personally, a half pint would be enough but it's 100% worth trying for the experience alone.